Comrades it is being proclaimed that it has become necessary, for the common good that, our wonderful and wise leaders shall outlaw laughing and conversing in any city facility.
So Council shall pass PW.4.3 and proclaim into law on Tuesday February 7, 2012:
(See Agenda 10.3)
The following behaviours and activities are prohibited as indicated:
• Conversing, laughing or otherwise talking or shouting in a loud and disruptive manner
• Using Town facilities for other than their intended purpose including but not being
limited to loitering, sleeping, changing clothes, personal grooming or cooking (unless
considered appropriate for the permitted activity)
• Failing to provide proper supervision of those under an individual’s care and control
• Blocking aisles, exits or entrances
• Shoving, pushing or rough-housing
• Use of utilities including hydro outlets, telephone and internet connections without the express permission of the Town (unless considered appropriate for the permitted activity)
• Use of obscene or vulgar language
• Entering into staff work areas which are not open to the public (unless expressly
permitted by the Town)
• Taunting of any individual or group by means of baiting, ridiculing, threatening gestures,abusive or demeaning language
• Throwing of any object, directed in any manner as to create a safety hazard
All Indoor Facilities
• Using wheeled recreational devices such as skateboards, roller skates, roller blades,
bicycles and scooters inside Town buildings except in designated areas
• Picketing inside Town facilitiesCouncil and Committee Meetings (regardless of location), Ross Whicher Centre and TownHall
• Wearing, carrying or displaying in any manner, statements which may be found to be
defamatory or to contain obscene, abusive, threatening or profane language or content
• Moving, altering, rearranging or use of furniture or equipment, including electronic
devices without the express permission of the Town
• Sounds from electronic or computer devices or any other instruments or amplificationdevices (unless considered appropriate for the permitted use)
• Approaching a Council, Committee or Local Board table while a meeting is being
conducted (includes while the meeting is in recess or on break)
• Signs which block or impede visual sightlines unless they are to be presented as part of a
delegation to Council, a Committee, a Local Board or to a member of staff inside Town
At the discretion of the Chief Administrative Officer and the Mayor,
This tells a story!
I wonder if one could sue you if you broke these rules???
Are we getting ready to start yet another legal action with taxpayers dollars???
My god isn’t there better ways to waste Council’s time??
Careful now this indicates that they will begin outlawing thouoghts that are contrary to the Chosen ones policy du jour!!!