Thank you Jay!
1. Are you prepared to sign and honour the Oath of office and the Oath of Allegiance?
I am prepared to sign the oath that we are presented with at the beginning of each term on council.
2. Is it your position that Provincial Regulations pertaining to property use are binding on Private Property?
I would be more then happy to not regulate private property as soon as a judge or a legal opinion from our town lawyer tells me that the town will
not be sued when a tax paying citizen builds something and in falls down and kills somebody. If the town is not responsible for buildings other then
their own, then we wouldn’t need a building dept.
3. Is it your position that Municipal By-Laws are enforceable on private property?
I do believe we need some bylaws on public owned lands but we must be willing to enforce them. If we can’t enforce bylaws on private property then
why have them, but once again I’m not a lawyer. I always vote to protect the town which is the citizens and
4. What is your economic Recovery Plan for this Community?
I believe we have already started the economic recovery for the town ( getting rid of paid parking, open election not ward system, planning
advisory committee which helps give the town views to county planners, enlarging our sewage facility)
5. Has any compensation been paid to anyone including the TSBP for the expropriation of Highway #6 in 1965?
Not sure about compensation to the town for Hwy. 6, but maybe our compensation is a better road leading to our communities.
6. How do you intend to reunite the Communities within the Town of South Bruce Peninsula?
Reunite our communities begins with open election the voters should have the right to fire me next election if I don’t do things with the whole town in
mind. The plumbers theory is stuff flows down hill and it starts with council thinking about the whole town. I think this council has paved the way
for future councils thinking about the whole town while making decisions.